Latest News – June 25
Mining Museum Hosts “Weekend With Mrs. Tabor”
This weekend the National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum (NMHFM) will be hosting a special event entitled ‘A Weekend with Mrs. Tabor” this Saturday, June 29 and Sunday June 30.
The event will welcome Joyce Lohse, author of Baby Doe Tabor: Matchless Silver Queen and will feature a walking tour of the East Side Mining District with local geologist and historian Fred Mark.
The event program is as follows:
Saturday June 29:
- 6 p.m. – Four course dinner at the Mining Museum, Victorian dress welcomed
- 7:30 p.m. – Presentation by author Joyce Lohse in the Museum
- 9 p.m. – Conversation with Baby Doe in her Cabin at the Matchless Mine
Sunday June 30:
- 9 a.m. – Walking tour of the mining district with Fred Mark, meet at the Matchless Mine
- 10 a.m. – Book signing with Joyce Lohse at the Matchless Mine
The cost is $45 for members of the museum, $50 for non-members. Each ticket includes a copy of Joyce’s book, Baby Doe Tabor: Matchless Silver Queen. Of course, the fun is sure to include Victorian dress, good company, and a good learning experience!
If you would like to attend the weekend event, or have questions, please contact the Mining Museum:719-486-1229 or via email: email@example.com