Latest News – March 26
Jack-leg Drilling and Burros Lend to LCHS Scholarship
The Boom Days Committee announced via their Facebook Page that they will be awarding a $1,000 scholarship for a graduating Lake County High School (LCHS) senior at this May’s Annual Class Day. Applications are due Friday, April 18.Thanks to this friendly fella and some miners, Lake County High School graduates will get some help with college expenses or vocational training.
- The candidate must be a graduate of Lake county High School;
- The candidate must plan to enroll in an academic, training or technical school upon graduation from high school.
The applicant must submit all of the following to The Leadville Boom Days Committee at P.O. Box 596, Leadville, CO 80461 no later than April 18. Selection will be based upon the following:
- This Application Form.
- Personal Essay – This essay should describe your educational or occupational plans and why this scholarship will help you meet your goals.
- A copy of your high school transcript through seven semesters.
- Description of any honors or awards you have received from your involvement in school, community, or other extracurricular activities. Any volunteer work you have done for Boom Days will be considered.
- Three letters of recommendation – at least one of these must be from someone unaffiliated with the school system (i.e., community member, minister, or employer, no family members).
- Please submit any other information you believe will be helpful to the committee in considering you for this scholarship award, including financial need.
For further information & to request an application form, please contact Barb Brink at BBrink_600@yahoo.com.