Friday Nights in Leadville Continue With Poetry
Break out your beret and ascot, it’s time for another edition of Friday Nights in Leadville. Tonight, Friday, Feb. 27 the fun continues at City on a Hill Coffee and Espresso shop in downtown Leadville. Participants can impress the audience with their literary musings in the form of stanzas at tonight’s “We Are The Words We Write” Poetry Reading, from 5 – 6 p.m. This event is sponsored by the Zuni Canyon Institute and CMC.
Senator Donovan’s Mid-week, First 50 days Update!
Today marks the 50th day of the 2015 legislative session, and during the first 50 days I’ve been proud to stand with my fellow Senators in cosponsoring legislation that betters Colorado, and fighting against legislation that doesn’t reflect our values. Here are some of the actions that I have taken so far:
Legislation I have supported:
- Defense for Human Trafficking Victims – Cosponsored – Protect victims of human trafficking from legal prosecution: passed in Senate
- Improved Healthcare for those with Autism – Cosponsored – Ensure better mental health services for individuals with autism spectrum disorders: passed in Senate
- Water Conservation in Land Use Planning – Cosponsored – Encourage conservation of limited water resources in land use planning, passed in Senate
- Promotion of Agritourism – Cosponsored – Provide tax credits for agritourism businesses, passed in Committee
- Wildfire Risk Reduction Grant Program – Voted in favor
Legislation I have opposed
- Weakening PERA Security – Voted against – SB15-080 weakens security of PERA retirement plans
- Weakening Concealed Carry Laws – Voted against
- Parents Bill of Rights – Voted against – Severely limits rights of children, penalizes trusted adults who help children facing abuse or mental health problems
- Reducing Access To Drivers Licenses for Immigrants – Voted against defunding DMV offices in rural areas
If you want to receive regular legislative updates, sign up for Senator Donovan’s newsletter here: LINK.