Latest News – February 11
New Travel Business Ready to Take Your Reservations
Usually at this point in the winter season, high country dwellers turn their thoughts to warmer weather and sunny beaches. Leadvillites don’t mind the snowy, colder months, in fact it’s why many live here. But after a long, hard winter like this year, there is no denying everyone starts to look forward to a little vacation. Have you made your plans yet?
Well, the good news is that there is a new Travel Agency in Leadville Today. And the even better news is that it is owned by a Leadville native daughter who was born, raised and went to high school in Lake County and has returned to start a business. And perhaps the best news of all is that it’s a FREE service!
So save yourself the hassle of lengthy internet searches or long hold times on the phone and let Someplace Somewhere Travel do the work for you while you enjoy the rest of the winter!
Meet Cameron Ossel, who started her travel agency Someplace Somewhere Travel to fulfill her love of travel while helping others with their travel questions. Here’s her story and some of the services and benefits she offers!
Cameron took her first real trip in 1999 to Walt Disney World followed by a cruise on the Disney Magic during its inaugural sailings. That trip put the travel bug in her and she has since been on 13 more cruises, including two through the Panama Canal. She has also been back to Walt Disney World several times and to Disneyland.
There have also been All Inclusives in Mexico and the Dominican Republic. A trip to Europe and many road trips in the USA have come along the way.
While she does specialize in Disney and cruising, she can help you with any vacation you would like to put together. She knows many of those living in Leadville are outdoor enthusiasts and can help putting together hiking and biking tours as well.
Now many reading this article may wonder why use a travel agent. Especially as this is an online news outlet where readers know how to navigate the internet and find their own vacation deals. So what does a travel agent (TA) bring to the table?
- Research. TA’s already have done most of it. And if it is new to them they can find the answer quickly. This spares you hours of time.
- Knowledge. This goes along with research in a way. Having done a lot of travel themselves, TA’s are familiar with many vacation destinations. They know the secrets you would otherwise have to spend hours researching online for. That cabin that is an unbelievable price? It’s next to the kids club and all that noise!
- Deals. TA’s can match most any deal you can find on the internet along with finding even better ones. Sometimes they can even work you into a group that they are already working with, especially in the case of cruises, saving you more and getting you some added bonuses.
- Delayed payment. Many online deals are due in full the instant you click buy. TA’s often have the option to postpone that for a few days while you decide if this truly is the vacation for you.
- Support. TA’s are there for you when you have a question or encounter a hiccup in the travel. Try getting Orbitz to answer your call.
- FREE service. TA’s get paid through the vacation supplier. And guess what? Most of the time the supplier does not cut you a deal for dealing directly with them. So by not using a TA you are actually throwing away money when you could have had personal support.
Cameron would look forward to hearing from you and helping plan your getaway from the long winter.
You can contact her at (970) 389-6557, connect with Somewhere Someplace Travel on Facebook, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the Somewhere Someplace Travel website.