Registration Open Online for Leadville’s 9Heath Fair
The Lake County 9Health Fair is happening on Saturday, Apr. 22 from 7 a.m. to noon at the Lake County Intermediate School – and you can register today.
Every year, dedicated volunteers organize 9Health Fair locations all across Colorado, placing a variety of life-saving health screenings all under one roof, making it easy and affordable to learn about your health.
In response to a growing demand, 9Health Fair will be offering two new health screenings at all locations this spring:
- Testosterone: Provides baseline testosterone levels, which can affect the brain, bone & muscle mass, fat distribution, the vascular system, energy levels, genital tissues, and sexual functioning. Cost is $35 – men, $45 – women.
- Vitamin B12: Provides baseline Vitamin B12 levels, which play a key role in the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system, and the formation of red blood cells. $20 value – FREE with purchase of any other screening (2017 only)
At 9Health Fair, you are in control of your health. Medical professionals are on-hand to offer assistance and advice, but you get to decide which health screenings are right for you.
Included at each location are:
- Blood Chemistry ($35) – Provides baseline information on blood glucose, cholesterol, liver, kidneys, thyroid, and more.
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) ($30) – Measures a protein produced by the prostate gland and is recommended if you have a family history of prostate cancer or are monitoring your PSA, per your physician recommendations.
- Vitamin D ($45) – Provides baseline Vitamin D levels, which helps you maintain proper bone health and understand your risk for immune diseases, heart disease, and certain types of cancer.
- Blood Cell Count ($20) – Your body’s ability to fight infection, anemia, liver disease and certain cancers can be discovered with this screening, which gives you a general picture of your overall health.
- Hemoglobin A1C ($20) – Measures your average blood sugar control for the past 2 to 3 months. Screens for diabetes/pre-diabetes.
- Colon Cancer Screening Kit ($25) – This take-home/mail-in kit checks for human blood in the stool, which may indicate colorectal conditions such as polyps, hemorrhoids, or cancer.
Based on the most current research findings, the 9Health Fair Medical Advisory Committee has determined that fasting is not required (optional) for blood screenings. To best prepare for a blood draw, drink plenty of water and continue to take prescription medications. People with diabetes should not fast. Check with your medical provider for specific recommendations.
Each 9Health Fair also offers a variety of free screenings such as Blood Pressure, Bone, Oral, Hearing, Foot, Skin and more.