Park Passes: Ready for Summer Adventure
Like most folks, you’ve already started mapping out your summer getaway. The travel season is near and if your plans include getting outside, then be sure to purchase your annual public lands pass. Several different America the Beautiful National Parks & Federal Recreational Lands passes are available, but if you have a 4th grader be sure to take advantage of their special program, because some of it is right out the back door in Leadville Today.
For a complete list of National Parks, CLICK HERE.
Ninety five percent of the funds from each pass sold directly supports recreation and visitor information programs in the places you love to play. All passes listed below are honored nationwide at US Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, US Fish & Wildlife Service, and US Army Corps of Engineers sites. Each pass may vary in the specific benefits offered. None of the passes cover facilities and activities managed by private concessionaires.
Want to get a pass but not sure which one is right for you? Visit HERE for frequently asked questions. Otherwise here are the options.
- Annual Pass: ($80) For anyone to purchase, valid for 12 months.
- Senior Lifetime Pass or Annual Pass: (Lifetime $80) For U.S. citizens 62 years and older, valid for the lifetime of the passholder. (Annual $20) For U.S. citizens 62 years and older, valid for 12 months.
- Access Pass: (Free) For U.S. citizens with proper documentation of a permanent disability, valid for the lifetime of the passholder.
- Annual Military Pass: (Free) For active military personnel and their dependents, valid for 12 months.
- 4th Grade Annual Pass: (Free) For current 4th grade students, valid for the duration of the 4th grade school year through the following summer (September – August).
Passes are available at the Leadville Ranger District located in town at 810 Front Street. As you embark on your spring and early summer vacations, stop by to acquire your pass and to explore ideas for local recreation options. For more information on the types of America the Beautiful National Parks & Federal Recreational Lands passes, including what fees are and are not covered by passes, CLICK HERE.