Tree of Sharing: The Tags Are Out!
It’s that time of year, and the tags go out this weekend. Tree of Sharing invites you to shop for a child and make the Christmas season brighter for Lake County!
It’s easy, pick up a tag(s) at a participating business (shopping instructions are on the tag), drop the unwrapped gift(s) in the collection box by November 30. The gifts will be given away at the Tree of Sharing event on December 8.
Tree of Sharing tags will be available until November 30 at:
- Cloud City Medical
- Cookies with Altitude
- First Mountain Bank
- Lake County Health and Human Services
- Community Bank
- Pueblo Bank & Trust
- Shopko Hometown
- St. Vincent General Hospital
- St. Vincent Medical Clinic
- Eagles Nest Apartments
- Tree of Sharing gives away gifts of toys and warm clothing to over 400 children in Lake County every year.
- Families can register for gifts through forms sent home with school children or by picking up, filling out and turning in a form at Lake County Health and Human Services on E. 5th St., The Center, Elementary School, Intermediate School and High School main offices.
- Registration forms deadline is Nov. 12th
- The Tree of Sharing event is on Sat. 12/8 from 12-5pm at CMC Climax Leadership Building (gymnasium). Parents and guardians who have not registered their children can come to the event after 4:00 p.m. to choose gifts.
- Tree of Sharing needs more volunteers including shoppers and people to be involved at the committee level. For more information, or to volunteer call Karen Onderdonk (970) 389-6653) or Kristi Galarza (719) 293-4573.